The 2nd Annual Share the River Ramble is a 2 1/2 & 5-mile connect-the-dots, run/walk of the Cuyahoga River riverfront along segments that have either been recently changed to a park/bike path or are being considered for such (i.e. Irishtown Bend). Rivers and trails are the arteries that connect people and communities to their natural resources. The Ramble physically connects people to the evolving transformation of Cleveland's riverfront that in some ways is unrecognizable from that June 22 day in 1969.
We're pleased to partner again with Run Wild CLE as the Ramble dovetails nicely with their efforts to engage the community in free, inclusive public workouts on the streets, paths, green-spaces, and parks of Cleveland. Our charity partner is St. Malachi Parish. Cleveland Rowing Foundation is our site partner.
You made the 1st Annual Ramble such a success that we're adding a formal race along with a FREE music and beer-fest along with aquatic (paddleboard and kayak) paddles, clinics and seminars. Stay tuned for more details! The Ramble's intent is to encourage the public to enjoy their natural resources, parks, and paths but it's also intended to provide a focus on several themes central to Share the River's "branding Cleveland as a waterfront city" mission:
- the importance and demonstrable impact of common sense environmental regulations
- the value of public investments in clean water infrastructure (like NEORSD's Project Clean Lake).
- the positive impact of engaged, long-term recreational use of the Cuyahoga River
- the benefit the above three have on Cleveland's appeal 1) as a city where people want to work, live and play in and 2) as a tourism destination.
Save the date, register, and invite your friends! Click on the below link and register for the Share the River Ramble now! And yeah, we'd be OK if, while you were registering, you chose the t-shirt registration option! Your $20 purchase will help defray expenses associated with the Ramble.
Would you like to be part of the team that's making this year's Ramble an event to remember? Register to be a volunteer or serve on one of our committees!
And if you are a business, organization, foundation or individual who sees the branding value of the Ramble, we are in the process of securing sponsors! We are a full-blown experiential marketing event with an engaged social media presence and following. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're on Facebook, click on this link to let your friends know you're going and then invite your friends to the Cuyahoga River Party!
Inaugural Ramble Media Links
- Plain Dealer (Steve Litt) - Share the River plans "Burning River Ramble" Thursday to mark 48th anniversary of Cuyahoga fire (photos, video)
- WCPN/Sound of Ideas (Mike McIntyre) - Burning River Ramble Commemorates 48th Anniversary Of Fire
- Plain Dealer (Joshua Gunter) - Inaugural Burning River Ramble brings runners to Cuyahoga River (photo essay)
- Plain Dealer (Zach Lewis) - Fresh glimpses of city reward effort in inaugural 'Burning River Ramble' (photos): Stretching Out
- WCPN/Sound of Ideas (Mike McIntyre) - Learning to Fail (Burning River Ramble portion comes up at 28:10 in the show)